On January 3, 2015, the Law of Ukraine № 1315-VII “On Standardization” of June 5, 2014 came into force, which establishes updated legal and organizational principles of standardization in Ukraine in accordance with global principles and approaches, including European ones. One of the purposes of adopting this law is to fulfill Ukraine’s obligations in accordance with the provisions of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union and the general principles of the WTO. The main purpose of the Law is to eliminate technical barriers in trade and prevent their occurrence, support the development and international competitiveness of products.
The main aspects of the Law of Ukraine "On Standardization":
- Compulsory application of national standards is cancelled. National standards will now be applied on a voluntary basis, except in cases where their mandatory application is established by legislation.
- Industry standardization is gradually being cancelled. Old OST and DSTU may be applied until they are replaced by technical regulations, national standards, codes of practice or repealed in Ukraine, but not more than 15 years after the entry into force of the Law.
- The Interstate Standards (GOST) which were in force at the time of the entry into force of the Agreement on the Coordinated Policy in the Field of Standardization, Metrology and Certification of March 13, 1992, and the Republican Standards of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (PCT USSR) may be applied as national standards before their replacement by national standards or cancellation in Ukraine. (Actually canceled with a transition period until 2019)
- Two levels of standardization are introduced:
- adoption of national standards adopted by the national standardization body;
- adoption of standards and technical conditions at the level of enterprises or other institutions and organizations.
- The law provides for the establishment and functioning of a single national standardization body, whose main powers are the organization and coordination of activities, as well as practical work on the adoption, repeal and restoration of national standards, codes of practice, measures to harmonize national standards with international ones, preparation and approval of the program on national standardization, on creation and termination of activity of technical committees of standardization and definition of sphere of their activity, on representation of interests of Ukraine in the international and regional organizations on standardization and on cooperation with national bodies of standardization of other states.
- The law does not contain provisions on the legal regulation of relations related to the development of standards of enterprises, institutions and organizations and technical conditions, so the standards and technical conditions developed and adopted by enterprises are no longer subject to registration. In turn, in order to bring regulations in line with the Law, the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine issued Order № 572 of 20.05.2014 “On repealing the order of the Ministry of Economic Development of Ukraine of 04.11.2013 № 1,299”, which cancels the provision by the MinEconomy of the state service for state registration of technical conditions, as well as Order № 615 of 26.05.2014 “On approval of Amendment № 5 to the national standard of Ukraine DSTU 1.3: 2004 and cancels the national standard of Ukraine DSTU 1.6: 2004” National standardization. Rules of registration of normative documents“.
The order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 1 163-r of 26.11.2014 defines the national standardization body - State Enterprise "Ukrainian Research and Training Center for Standardization, Certification and Quality" (SE "UkrNDNC")
In accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Standardization”, technical committees of standardization (TC) (or in their absence - working groups) are established to develop, consider and approve drafts of national standards, which are formed by the national standardization body. On the website of UkrNDNC list of active TCs is published, as well as a list of TCs that have not confirmed their activities as of 10/20/2015.
On the website of UkrNDNC list of GOSTs developed before 1992, which will be repealed is publishedfor consideration by all stakeholders and for submitting their proposals. (The list does not include already repealed standards, but which are still in force according to the transition periods).
Links to current laws and regulations in the sphere of standardization:
SE "Cherkasy NDITEKHIM" provides analytical and advisory services on the functioning of enterprises in accordance with the updated legislation on standardization, analysis of alternatives among international standards to GOST and DSTU GOST which will be repealed, as well as on the development, adoption of standards and conformity assessment of products and processes both at the enterprise and national level.